Location/Division Specific Information
This position will be part of the IT Operations and Services team within PSG IT located at our site in Princeton, New Jersey
How will you make an impact?
The role will have a primary focus on local business IT support with specialized focus in support for Manufacturing and Lab systems
What will you do?
· Assist with Mounting & Un-mounting, deployment of network infrastructure in data center (Switch, Routers, Servers, etc.)
· Responsible for the design and build for business application infrastructure on premise and in the cloud
· Responsible for partnering with global IT to deliver solutions for business partners that align with global security and quality standards
· Responsible for partnering with global shared services IT deskside support team to provide in-house IT support for end users, provide resolutions for user for corporate applications and hardware
· Ability to work in a team structure, make decisions, solve problems, communicate inside & outside the organization, and analyze, plan, organize and prioritize work.
· Researches new infrastructure technologies and makes recommendations to management.
· Partner with global shared services to perform environment builds using industry standard tools
· Partner with Engineering and Global IT to support IIoT and Industrial cybersecurity
How will you get here?
HS Diploma required and 5 years' higher education and/or work experience in systems infrastructure, management and/or architecture, IT support
· 4+ years' experience in working with customers in identifying their business and technical requirements, and designing and/or implementing optimal technical solutions
· Comprehensive understanding of IT processes and best practices related to infrastructure and cloud technologies
Tool & Technology Skills
· GMP experience and/or experience deploying, maintaining, and developing validated systems in regulated healthcare environments preferred
· Windows and/or Linux systems administration and/or network device management
· Understanding of Configuration Management in IT (CMDB) and/or Industrial automation systems is a plus
· Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues on PC's and 3rd party applications supported by Corporate Infrastructure and Security and engage functional teams as needed
· Ability to provide smart hands support and remotely direct someone providing smart hands support for computer rooms, IDF's, MDF's and physical equipment such as servers, switches, routers, printers.
· PC / Laptop installation, configuration(imaging) and Break fix
· Making recommendations to Client Engineering and Device Management teams for enhanced configurations of PC's / Laptops
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Dynamic, hard-working and ambitious, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
· Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical designs to meet business needs.
· Must be a self-starter with high level analytical skills combined with thorough documentation abilities
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83872554
Apply on company website