This role requires flexibility to travel between both locations (Mississauga & Whitby) once or twice a week.
How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser-focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The Billback process for Thermo Fisher Canada is set up such that client funded material/equipment that was originally purchased by Thermo Fisher would move into various billback accounts whereby a biller would then collect the required information, invoice the client, and clear the spend that is in the account against the invoice generated. Reporting to the Canada Controller, this role is to own the end to end Billback process for both sites in Canada by reviewing balances within the various billback accounts and ensuring timely billing and clearing of these accounts. The ERP is designed in a manner that creates a lot of manual tracking to monitor the activity in the billback accounts. It is expected that this role has the expertise to self-manage and come up with solutions compatible with the current setup to allow for this process to be smoother and more efficient.
Various responsibilities this role will have with respect to billing include:
- Responsible for invoicing client funded capital projects to ensure more frequent partial billing occurs.
- Responsible for invoicing client funded inventory consumption to ensure timely billing
- Responsible for invoicing Client Material Requests (CMRs) where clients are invoiced for client-specific material that has expired and can no longer be used for production to ensure timely billing.
- Obtaining required backup and documentation from different sources and organize the data to produce an invoice that is accepted by the client (such as pulling vendor invoices from Catalyst to review and attach as a backup if needed)
- Assist the Collection team with any invoice disputes by providing backup as needed relating to billback invoices
- Drive process improvement initiatives as required relating to billing
After items have been billed, there will be both spend and an invoice in the billback accounts. This role will be required to clear the spend and invoice against each other which includes:
- Ensuring that the correct spend is cleared again the correct invoice in SAP. This includes understanding how the system settles spend into the billback account and how the clearing should take place in order to ensure correct clearing.
- Ensuring all invoicing that took place in a period has the associated clearing performed to ensure the data in the account is up to date. Only outstanding items yet to be billed should remain as a balance in these accounts each month-end.
Tracking activity in the billback GL accounts is critical in understanding the balance and correcting items as changes need to be made. It is expected that this role will:
- Review timely the outstanding items in the billback accounts and reclass items to the P&L where it was determined that items are not billable to the client.
- Maintain a billback tracker to ensure there is an accurate progress report monthly which would be used towards the monthly balance sheet reconciliation. This tracker is to easily identify all items in the billback account and the status of what is yet to be billed and/or billed and not cleared.
- Review/Approve billback POs to have a comprehensive understanding of the activity in the various billback accounts.
Other duties and ad hoc projects as required.
How will you get there?
- Minimum of College/Technical School diploma in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5-year Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- SAP knowledge (asset)
- Some Accounts Payable experience would be preferred
- Knowledge of SAP as an ERP system strongly encouraged
- Creative thinker, problem-solver, and strong analytic ability
- Collaborative; encourages cross-functional cooperation and builds strong working relationships between the finance and operating teams.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong computer data entry skills, stressing efficiency and accuracy in processing significant volumes of transactions
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73554212
Apply on company website