When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Assembles parts and sub-assemblies together according to design specifications and company quality standards.
What will you do?
- Selects components, aligns, and assembles them in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications.
- Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit in specified sequence according to SOE.
- Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per Sequence of Events (SOE). Recognizes color codes to insure that wiring and other color coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, and drill press.
- Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according to order and Smart Part Number.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers to MSDS to insure safe handling and proper PPE is used around chemicals.
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
How will you get there?
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Preferred manufacturing experience .
- Beginner Computer skills or wiliness to learn.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75703024
Apply on company website