The Account Manager (AM) is a key commercial role within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is an Account focused role with the primary responsibility for selling and supporting all CMD products. The AM maintains effective and long-lasting customer relationships, develops opportunities for strategic growth of the account and works collaboratively and effectively to bring world class support and customer experience, making it easier for our customers to do business with Thermo Fisher Scientific. The AM is the primary point of contact and provides sales expertise, guidance and help driving all CMD commercial activities within the account.
Dept : 30/07/48/15/43/19/63/42/03/23
Major end market focus:
- Scientific Research: Academic, Pharma and BioPharma (R&D/drug development), government
- Analytical Science: Pharma (QA/QC), Environmental, Industrial, Foods & Beverage, Healthcare.
- On a selected list of accounts, AM manages and nurtures relationships to drive expansion and renewals across the full CMD portfolio (analytical instruments, consumables, services).
- Identifies and prioritizes new opportunities and develops solution implementation and growth strategies. Identifies, documents and confirms the best technology choice to meet the customer needs. Collaboratively review application needs and Thermo Fisher Scientific deliverables with internal resources, specialists and customer to increase number of “first time right installations” post-sale.
- Provides quotation, negotiates contracts and closes orders with end users as well as purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Utilizes data and metrics to develop and report on account development strategies and tactics.
- Conducts product evaluations demonstrating the value of our products
- Expands current account penetration and share of wallet. Grows organically, broader and deeper with all primary products. Leverages cross-sell motions and activities.
- Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory.
- Leverages internal and external resources to meet customer needs.
- Uses Thermo Fisher Scientific's sales tools to effectively manage the accounts, opportunities, pipelines and forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains awareness of competitor and industry activity. Introduces new products and services as available.
- Leads collaboration and coordination with (technical) sales/ field application/ lab application/ and Service specialists (as well as any other internal partner) to provide technical expertise
- Attends and runs technical business presentations, and when required, trade shows, user meetings and other customer events; Positively always represents Thermo Fisher Scientific throughout customer locations
- Exchanges of account information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Works expertly in a team selling environment engaging the best internal company resources to solve customer challenges
- Proven track record of sales experience in analytical instrument markets with product competency for the (relevant) CMD portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences or equivalent work experience
- Strong market knowledge and professional network.
- Experience in conducting seminars and presentations.
- Commercial mindset, strongly motivated by desire to win new business, with proven relentless pursuit of opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English and other languages as need in the assigned region
- Proven commercial excellence working in matrix environment
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, CRM
- Customer interaction 80% of the time (F2F or digital interactions), the rest will be dedicated to admin task
- Ability to travel to customer locations up to 80% including overnight travel
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Apply on company website