DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse House Supervisor to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Woman's Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
House Supervisor (RN) - Nursing Administration - 7P - 7A (Rotating Weekends)
Since 1976, The Woman's Hospital of Texas has been the state's premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital's 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman's Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Executes decision making in the absence of the Hospital Administrator, with appropriate reporting.Accountable for the distribution and utilization of nursing personnel in the provision of all aspects of patient care.
- Promotes positive customer service with external and internal department relations. Understands all functional areas and maintains clinical standards within the hospital.
- Evaluates and applies knowledge of age-related and socioeconomic factors in the care of patients within the hospital.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste ,and promoting cost effectiveness
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program. BSN is required.
- Minimum of five years of acute care clinical experience is required. Previous charge or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Critical care experience is a plus.
- Registered Nurse, with current Texas License.
- American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certificationis required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certificationis required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website