Company: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Location: Tucson, AZ
Career Level: Entry Level
The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Lead Banquet team in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Superior communication skills to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Check server and house person Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout function.
- Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected departments.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Operate as a banquet server; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Recap all banquet checks at end of each day and turn in to Night Audit.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be served.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website