One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception
into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500;and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states,Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Mission Statement: To provide superior quality healthcare services that: PATIENTS recommend to family and friends, PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients, PURCHASERS select for their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud of, and INVESTORS seek for long-term returns.
This position is responsible for greeting all patients of his/her representative and record information requiired for admission. Responsible for all clerical duties related to the Outpatient Therapy Center.
Education: High School or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Two years experience in a hospital admitting office or physician office preferred
Technical Skills: Computer proficiency to include word processing and patient accounting system.
Other: Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patient.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs responsibilities consistent with hospital safety policies.
- Obtain patient or representative signatures when possible and witness all signatures. Makes sure insurance forms are completed and signed in the specified places.
- Must assist in obtaining authorizations for insurance when needed.
- Obtains copy of insurance cards, making sure they are current, and photocopy front and back of cards.
- Makes sure insurance forms are completed and signed in the specified places.
- Is consistent in assisting with processing the admission in a timely manner as deemed by the department manager.
- Stamps required material and distributes to specified and designated areas or departments.
- Assists in processing out-patients in accordance with Outpatient Therapy Center admitting procedures, paying particular attention to physician's orders.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
This opportunity offers the following:
· Challenging and rewarding work environment
· Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
· Competitive Compensation
· Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
· 401k plan with company match
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Apply on company website