Discovery is at the centre of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX Family which includes TK Maxx, and Homesense in Europe and the UK and across the rest of the world you will find us as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Winners.With variety comes plenty of surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Are you ready to Discover Different?
We offer the great opportunity to join our international team of entrepreneurial Buyers in our German Buying Office (based in Dusseldorf). As a Buyer, you'll buy for a breadth of international customers within your category, hunting throughout the year for the hottest brand names and designer merchandise which will be sold in our stores across 6 European countries and ecommerce website.
As a Buyer, you'll report into one of our Market Managers and build strong relationships and networks across our world-class Buying and Merchandising organisation. You will develop relationships with existing vendors ,open new vendors and launch new initiatives as well as introducing new product areas to our growing Business.
- Building strong and trusted relationships within your local and international Buying teams as well as with multiple leaders across the Buying organisation.;
- Creating and developing a vision for your own market strategy while supporting and influencing a departmental strategy as part of a European team;
- Developing and leveraging relationships with vendors and negotiating all parts of the deal to ensure beneficial outcomes and drive the commercial potential of your market;
- Continuously searching for new business, product and vendor opportunities;
- Driving and adapting your approach by leveraging insights from all key markets, the latest trends and consumer habits and consistently shopping / analysing stores and competition.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Buying experience in a fast-moving retail or e-commerce environment with strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- Off-Price experience would be beneficial,although not essential
- Multi-brand experience is advantageous but we're also open to mono-brand backgrounds – we're interested in your passion for brands and products as well as the latest trends;
- Commercial and Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrable experience of driving business success, handling complexity and taking calculated risks;
- An ability to build strong and solid networks within an international business;
- Resilience when faced with challenging situations
- A personality with an agile and flexible mindset and the ability to consider all possibilities while dealing with continuous change and make on the spot decisions through great instincts and relevant data;
- Ability to travel regularly every week throughout Germany as well as some international travel throughout the year.
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website