As a member of the site leadership team the Quality Control Laboratory Manager is responsible for the management of all quality activities and process development and/or process optimization. In this role you will also be responsible for coaching and development of the quality team and shift leaders.
- Manage all laboratory operations in the central quality control laboratory
- Manage the global stability program. Ensure that all product families and matrices are covered so that the stability program supports our range of products.
- Review investigation reports to determine any corrective and preventive actions that are necessary.
- Provide logistical and resource support in order to meet throughput expectations and customer fill rates. This includes supply and personnel resources as well as direction for prioritization.
- Review end of study and investigation reports for stability studies to determine corrective and preventive actions.
- Oversee any testing or product issues for raw materials and manufactured products that are tested in the laboratory.
- Work with the Director to create and implement laboratory best practices across the laboratory network.
- Provide coverage for the Quality Managers' responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Review regulatory and customer audit reports. Implement any corrective and preventive actions necessary in response to audit observations.
- Optimize the testing rationale in the laboratory to optimize throughput while maintaining the correct scheme to ensure the quality of the product.
- Work with the recruiting and compensation departments to conduct interviews and decide on compensation offers for potential candidates.
- Has ownership of and deploys the quality management systems and test plans as defined by Nature's Bounty corporate policies and procedures
- Creates and manages a fully functioning control laboratory responsible for microbiological and chemical analysis of raw materials and bulk dietary supplements following CFR 111 and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Work with raw material/component suppliers and Procurement to effectively communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Monitor the performance and competency of Quality staff and provide development as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as requested.
- 10+ years of related experience with advanced expertise.
- Experience with laboratory management as well as global standard setting a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or other closely related discipline; with extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Apply on company website