Miner, Ltd. is an industry leading service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and materials management operations saving our customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems repairs and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and materials management.
The Sr. Director, Sales will be responsible for managing the sales profitability and market growth of a sales team. This position develops and drives regional strategies, in alignment with the Regional VP, to support Miner Corporation vision and strategies. You will also direct and lead a team of sales employees, aligning team and individuals' goals to drive sales results and employee development throughout the market and region.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for building and managing a sales team that is performance driven, energized, customer focused, profitable, and focused on exceeding performance goals.
- Provide day-to-day direction and coaching of the sales process with the sales team in order ensure each employee achieves their sales and profit objectives.
- Implement multiple tools, processes, and systems to develop individuals. This includes: Territory management; Account management; Performance management; Coaching; Insight selling; Opportunity/pipeline; and Mentoring.
- Responsible for all aspects of employment decisions. This includes: Hiring; Performance management; Development; Quality; and structure requirements.
- Provide leadership during regional acquisitions.
- Coordinate successful support of customer commitments with operations teams.
- Provide leadership support with face-to-face customer interaction as needed.
- Create solutions to sales challenges, customer needs/problems through facilitating cross functional support and drives execution of those solutions.
- Consult with and provide front line customer information, needs, strategies and challenges to Regional VP to assist in developing company vision and strategies.
- Assess quality activities relating to all aspects of the business, including but not limited to sales, customer service, operations, reporting and customer feedback.
- Align with operations counterpart to ensure proper resources are accounted for to support any service and equipment sales commitments that is aligned with company profit objectives.
- Coordinate regional strategies with peers to ensure consistent use of best practices across the organization aligning to company vision and strategies.
- Understands the benefits of and executes clear communication of company vision, strategy, goals and KPI's to their sales team.
- Leads cross functional initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- New customer growth.
- A score card that reflects maintenance, service, and equipment sales revenue, and incremental improvement to plan.
- A score card that reflects maintenance, service, and equipment gross profit revenue, incremental improvement to plan.
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Experience in progressive sales, preferred.
- Experience in sales management, required.
- Management of multiple locations, required.
- Experience with successful Customer Service.
- Experience with Business to Business Service sales highly preferred.
- Experience in Industrial/Mechanical Sales, preferred.
- Must be able to motivate and mentor a sales team.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong negotiation skills with a record of favorable outcomes which are advantageous to the company.
- Excellent planning, budgeting, and forecasting P&L skills at the strategic level are required.
- Experience with strategic planning, required.
- Must have excellent recruiting and hiring skills.
- Successful leadership and associate development skills, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Salesforce or similar CRM system.
- Willing to travel in a given territory or region.
- Must have a valid state Driver's License.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. Occasionally, the employee is required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on certain parts of the property.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees may work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. The noise level in the work environment is light to moderate.
The Miner Corporation considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website