Program Services Clinical Coordinator
Primary Location: SC-SCColumbia-3600 Forest Dr
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF CLINICAL COORDINATORS IN SOUTH CAROLINA!
South Carolina MENTOR is looking for an individual who is caring and committed to young children's well being. Description
Serving as a Clinical Coordinator in our Community Based Prevention Services program, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the children and families we support. Work with children and their families while making visits to their home. Oversee all services provided to individuals and their families, monitor quality of care delivered, and ensure compliance with state regulations. Be part of a strong team of social workers and clinicians in this innovative community based model.
We will ask of you:
- Assist families on caseload with all aspects of family development. Ability to locate and/or deliver strength based family-centered and culturally competent services. Maintain creativity, flexibility and optimism about the strengths of child and their families and ensure that all goal setting and Family plans are mutually established between the client, family and agency team members.
- Ensure that an on-going dialogue is established with all referral families and that family involvement is maintained throughout the service period. Assist the family in convening a team of service providers and informal supports to form a Family plan with clearly defined goals. The Family plan will address the need for revisions, adjustments and monitoring of crises so that progress can be evaluated, ensuring that the philosophy of care is consistent and that there is progress toward service goals.
- Complete all documentation using a computerized clinical record and maintain central file which will consist of documents such as: Risk and Safety Assessments, Comprehensive Assessments, treatment summaries, resource utilization records, case notes, legal documents and releases of information.
- Facilitate the opening and closing of cases and oversee transitions to an on-going care plan, using resources to assure that services are based specifically on the needs of the child and family.
- Communicate with DSS staff regarding the assessment and Family plan progress reports as required. Family functioning assessments, family's response, and presenting problems according to DSS referral are factors included in the goal setting. Goals are family driven, behaviorally specific, team developed that are measurable and attainable.
- Safety is a paramount importance. If there are indications about safety concerns within the home there is an obligation for the Clinical Coordinator to communicate all safety concerns, and document safety steps taken, if safety concern is not corrected or new incidences occur, the Clinical Coordinator is to notify DSS immediately of the situation.
Apply on company website