Massachusetts MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides quality, community-based services to youth and adults. Through our programs we offer a wide range of individualized therapeutic programs; Therapeutic Foster Care and Behavioral Health Services, to serve youth with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges as well as their families.
Do you have experience in human services and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves? In the Therapist role, you will provide psychotherapy to aid individuals in increasing their sense of their well-being. You will employ a range of techniques based on experiential relationship-building, dialogue, communication and behavior change that is designed to improve the mental health of the person served or to improve group relationships (such as in a family).
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
- Provide therapy, family support, and crisis interventions to an individual, family and/or group using various treatment modalities as outlined in state/local contracts and/or state licensing standards.
- Provide mental health consultation to stakeholders and treatment team members.
- Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with an interdisciplinary team
- Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
- Develop and coordinate discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
- Conduct educational groups for clients, families and foster parents.
- Prepare and train the child's biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
- Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the person served and caretaker to monitor progress and discuss treatment strategies and services.
- Maintain current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client's chart.
- Attend regular staff meetings, clinical meetings and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
- Master's Degree in human services field
- Experience preferred or as required by state
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- A good listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
- Sign on bonus!!
- Full compensation/benefits package after 30 hrs/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
The MENTOR Network is becoming Sevita. Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website