The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. We are seeking an Employment Screening Specialist to join our Employee Screening team!
Employment Screening Specialist Do you have experience in employment screening and want to join a company actively improving the well-being of others? As an Employment Screening Specialist, you will be responsible for critical components of the background screening process through reviewing investigative reports to ensure accuracy, making risk mitigation determinations on the material presented, and maintaining compliance standards with local and national laws in each area of operation as they pertain to background screenings and their impact on employment.
- Review background check reports and advise the Recruitment Manager and Human Resources Director when the final candidate presents a potential risk to the company, discussing such concerns, notifying regarding any decision not to hire, and reviewing recommendations with the Recruitment Manager, HR Director, and Legal as necessary.
- Review any dispute submitted by a final candidate challenging the accuracy of information contained in the background check.
- Maintain awareness of laws, regulations, and other requirements affecting background check compliance for all employees of The MENTOR Network
- Maintain familiarity with the Company's policies on conducting background checks.
- Troubleshoot problems with submitting background checks online through 3rd party vendor.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups with case escalations, including Employee Relations and the Legal Department.
- Answer questions related to background check rules or policy and decisions and actions taken on background checks
- Process risk evaluations and review of risk evaluations, including gathering all required documentation and partnering with the appropriate staff for a final decision.
- Evaluate compliance with background check rules, including:
- Communicating regularly with customers and vendors as necessary to ensure that any identified issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Maintaining background check documentation in accordance with the General Records Retention Schedule.
- Responding to audit requests with a high level of urgency.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, state and national background regulations and standards
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior, and professionalism; able to maintain objectivity and confidentiality with highly sensitive information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to manage and appropriately prioritize multiple, complex priorities, often with demanding time frames
- Ability to multi-task with consistent and timely follow-through
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Health Benefits
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Work with some of the best co-workers you could ask for and see your impact on the lives of those individuals we serve
- Since our funding comes from Federal and State payers, we offer stability and secure work opportunities
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, we strive to support our ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 37 states. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website