REM Minnesota, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Individuals with intellectual and development disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injury, Autism, and other complex needs.
This Staff Accountant position will office out of Edina but after a training period will have the opportunity to work 3-4 days each week from home!
Corporate Accounting Staff Accountant
Do you have experience in Accounting along with excellent communication, organization, and analysis skills? Would you like to work for a company that positively impacts the lives of the many individuals it serves? In the Staff Accounting role, you will help this company in its commitment to serve others by providing general accounting support, maintaining accounts and ledgers, preparing journal entries, conducting research to ensure balance sheet reconciliations are properly completed, and providing ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Provide general accounting support to the business and assist with audit preparations
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts including documentation of business transactions
- Prepare month-end general ledger journal entries and perform reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Maintain depository account records for multiple companies including the monthly reconciliation of these accounts
- Perform analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts and aid in the review of accounting activity for the period
- Prepare/review financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all relevant information
- Perform capital asset transactions through the processing of capital expenditure request forms and asset disposal/transfer forms, as well as assigning tags
- Assist with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and control procedures
- Maintain an effective control environment for the accounting operations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting preferred
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks
- Solid understanding of financial statements and corporate banking services
- Skillful data analysis, critical thinking, and strong financial acumen
Why Join Us?
- Full-time position
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Health Benefits
- NEW! Get paid On Demand with Dayforce Wallet
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Work with some of the best co-workers you could ask for and see your impact on the lives of those individuals we serve
- Since our funding comes from Federal and State payers, we offer stability and secure work opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website