Do you have leadership qualities, experience in Corporate Accounting, and want to work for a company that positively impacts the lives of the many individuals it serves? In the Corporate Accounting Manager role, you will help in our commitment to serve others by managing the daily operations of our accounting department.
You will supervise, direct and allocate work to the accounting team; develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Manage daily operations of the accounting department and ensure the development and implementation of standard accounting procedures.
- Review and analyze final combined monthly financial statements; oversee the monthly financial fiscal close process and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Manage special projects designed to enhance accounting efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of general ledger account analysis and other support schedules.
- Lead the Company's health insurance accrual process, work with external firm to ensure data and analysis is received timely and review data to ensure accuracy. Update accruals based on financial data received and review results with human resource and finance leadership.
- Work with actuarial firm and internal counsel to coordinate and account the Company's other self-insurance programs, including workers' compensation, employment practice liability, and professional and general liability claims.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department. Coordinate departmental workflow and respond to staff feedback.
- Review staffing requirements and organizational structure in order to gain optimal utilization of resources.
- Oversee or prepare selected work papers for various audits and prepare various financial reports and analysis.
- Work closely with External Auditors to fulfill requests.
- Adhere to all related internal controls and updates as necessary.
- Develop updates for the accounting manual and ensure staff training.
- Assist in computer applications such as system conversion, testing, or networking functions. Develop custom analyses and reports from Oracle and Oracle EPM for analytical purposes.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting; CPA Preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting with 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Extensive experience with General ledger functions, experience with GAAP and SOX
- Excellent system skills, Excel, Oracle, or other Enterprise Resource Planning system preferred
This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission-driven work we do here every day.
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working over 30 hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- High impact work with meaningful outcomes
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Enjoy complex work that makes a difference in the lives of those we serve
- Career development and advancement opportunities across a nationwide network
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, we strive to support our ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 37 states. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website