AR Specialist Medical Billing and Collections
Primary Location: MA-MALawrence-280 Merrimack St
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
The MENTOR Network is expanding our Finance Shared Services Team.
We have an amazing new office in Lawrence, Massachusetts, immediately off 495 and across from the Lawrence MBTA Commuter Rail stop.
Apply today to become a part of our mission driven organization!Description
- Update procedures as necessary
- Create the billing grid/tracker for each billing cycle and update with billing dates, how billed and any proof of billing from clearinghouse or payer websites
- Work with Field on ensuring billing deadlines are met
- Create electronic billing file formats and upload to clearinghouse or payer websites
- Create paper billing on appropriate claim forms from billing system and send to payers
- Complete web portal billing
- Work any rejections from clearinghouse and payers including 999 and 277 reports
- Run and reconcile the unbilled report throughout the month
- Review and work denials daily, prepare appeals as needed
- Update collection tool with clear concise notes for billing and collection issues
- Notify Field of denials that require their attention
- Review unapplied cash log for any items that can be applied and work with cash team to resolve
- Work credit balances on the aging and overpayment account and follow the credit balance procedure for resolution
- Communicate with Field and SSC Management on unbillable/unworkable items
- Create and send out claims once updated and corrected in billing system
- Create and send out Patient liability invoices and attach EOBs and credit card slips
- Ensure internal control compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires by providing required training when necessary
- Embrace concept mentoring by actively participating in team meetings and fostering an environment in which team members proactively collaborate with one another
- Proactively supports management as well as the objectives and goals of the department
- Supports special projects, mission critical initiatives and performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- System testing
Apply on company website