The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care.
- BSN, strongly preferred; Minimum of ADN or Nursing Diploma required
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 1-year progressive experience working as an RN in a high acuity Medical Intensive Care Unit required or 2+ years RN experience in other critical care or step-down unit in lieu of MICU experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS (or ENPC) certifications, required
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, prioritize and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Follow physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Assemble equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; perform or assist others with procedures or treatments
- Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing for that State.
- Ability to recognize critical findings and timely communicate changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Can interpret reports, data, observations/assessments, and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates advanced patient monitoring and assessment skills including, but not limited to:
- Arterial Blood Gases: Collection & Analysis
- BiPAP Management
- Cardiac Monitoring: 12-Lead EKG
- Cardiac Monitoring: Bedside Cardiac Monitor
- Cardiac Monitoring: Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Preparing, Mixing, and Administering Medications
- Titrating medication according to patient condition, provider's orders, and/or organization protocol
Other Job Functions
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities as assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Apply on company website