Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are looking to add a Bridge to Rediscovery (BTR) Staff Member to our team. The BTR Staff Member will aid our residents in need of memory care. The Bridge to Rediscovery team is responsible for the Bridge to Rediscovery (BTR) neighborhood in their community. The BTR team offers dementia expertise and dementia care resources by providing meaningful care in a safe and nurturing environment. The BTR Staff Member will work in collaboration with community leaders in culinary, resident engagement and health and wellness to develop and execute a personalized service plan to support the overall well-being of the residents.
What You'll Do
- Adequately perform missing person drill and Bridge to Rediscovery evacuation procedures.
- Identify location of the Bridge to Rediscovery policies and procedures and effectively implement them.
- Perform Bridge to Rediscovery Neighborhood scheduling for programs care/environment reviewed and demonstrated.
- Identify and understand environmental safety requirements for the Bridge to Rediscovery neighborhood.
- Identify the location of the resident service/care plans. Able to discuss plan and rationale with family and new team members.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, Bridge to Rediscovery dining program concepts, expectations, and requirements.
- Provide return demonstrations in developing a resident specific program box.
- Identify and articulate the Bridge to Rediscovery philosophy and mission statement.
- Utilize instructions provided for the Bridge to Rediscovery Montessori Based Dementia Programming concepts.
- Integrate the social, physical, intellectual, emotional aspects of the Montessori Based Dementia Programming into the resident's daily service/care plan.
- Develop resident specific Montessori Based Dementia Program using comprehensive life review/development of ISP.
- Identify and utilize the 5 categories of Montessori Based Dementia Programs.
What You'll Bring
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of experience working with dementia residents.
- Experience with appropriate therapeutic/behavioral interventions for residents with dementia.
- Expertise and knowledge in caring for older adults, dementia, dementia care and support, family and informal caregiver needs, and challenging behaviors.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we're looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You're forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You're a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what's next, you're always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website