Work With Purpose
At Five Star Senior Living, our people are the critical link to those we serve, and it is their vitality, energy, and caring nature that allows us to fulfill our mission of enriching and inspiring the journey of life. In addition to nurturing and advancing the lives of our residents, our team members enjoy meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, within a supportive culture centered around advancing their lives, as well.
We are seeking compassionate Resident Assistants (RA) to provide support for our community's residents with the essential day-to-day tasks they can no longer perform or need help with. RAs are responsible for helping people with their daily tasks, such as laundry, cleaning, bathing, dressing, and taking their medication. Successful RAs are sensitive and respectful, and are passionate about helping those in need.
What You'll Do
- Helping with personal hygiene, including bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Supporting residents with medication; taking medication, opening containers, opening prepackaged medication, reading medication labels for residents, observing residents taking medication, checking the self-administered dosage against the label of the container, and reassuring residents they have obtained and are taking the dosage as prescribed.
- Repositioning residents in bed and escorting them around the community
- Toileting, incontinent care
- Take vital signs, such as blood pressure, heart rate and pulse
- Observe and report on residents' health, escalating any problems efficiently and effectively
- Detail daily reports to Nurse, or designated charge person, at end of shift
- Provide emotional support and serve as a source of comfort for residents and their loved ones
- Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and report to a supervisor
What You'll Bring
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or higher, focused on advancement into medical services, or similar, preferred\\
- CPR/First Aid Certification desired (unless required by the State)
- Previous experience in long-term care preferred
- Valid, unrestricted CNA certification or State/Local equivalent required
- Working experience alone, on a team, and on projects start to finish
- Strong emotional intelligence and listening skills
- Dedication to the medical field, especially towards working with the residents
- Must pass State and company background checks and drug test.
We Got You
We see and support the whole you. Because investing in you, and all our team members, is the first step in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k + Match
- Competitive PTO
- Life, Disability & other supplemental benefits
- Professional Development Funds
- Wellness Coaching & Personal Support Benefits
- Recognition & Reward Programs
Is This You?
Beyond checking off the boxes, we're looking for someone who shares our deep sense of purpose and passion for advancing the lives of others.
- Puts People First – You have an authentic connection to our vision of a world in which the quality of life is ageless, and a desire to advance our culture by always respecting and empowering our team members, residents, and families.
- Customer Focused – You strive to build and strengthen customer loyalty by delivering exceptional hospitality, thoughtful solutions, and innovative customer attraction and retention strategies.
- Results Oriented – You're forward thinking, seeing the big picture as you lead with empathy and drive to exceed results. You firmly believe that the way in which we achieve results is just as important as what we accomplish together.
- Drives Operational Excellence – You encourage a mindset of continuous improvement. You respect ideas, collaborate, and empower others to elevate how and what we deliver for our customers and each other.
- Embraces Change – You're a change driver! A positive communicator who engages all key stakeholders to help them anticipate and embrace what's next, you're always adjusting the target for continuous improvement.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website