The IT Network Engineer position is a key member of the IT Team. This position exists to effectively plan and administer critical, large or complex configurations in the Enterprise Infrastructure. This position requires solid computer and network technical skills, a high level of comfort with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, professionalism, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced, but fun environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Install new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
• Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
o Including Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Printers, etc.
o Including WIFI – WAPs and Controllers.
o Including VoIP, Video Conferencing, UC and IP Cameras.
o Including VPN and traffic encryption.
• Using scripting to automate administrative tasks.
o Including PowerShell, vbs, and batch files.
• Designs, Implements, Supports Network and Computing Infrastructure.
• Designs, Implements, Supports DNS and Domain Infrastructure.
• Designs, Implements, Supports BGP Routing Topologies.
• Designs, Implements, Supports Azure Cloud Network Topologies.
• Designs, Implements, Supports Azure Express Routing.
• Designs, Implements, Supports Load Balanced Networking Performance System Maintenance.
• Designs, Implements, Supports Firewall Administration.
• Designs, Implements, Supports SDWAN Network Infrastructure.
• Designs, Implements, Supports WiFi Infrastructure.
• Designs, Implements, Supports WAN, LAN and VOIP Infrastructure.
• Trains Network Administration Staff to support network topologies.
• Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
o Including knowledge transfer to other support teams.
• Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
o Including Network monitoring and reporting.
o Including SAN Replication monitoring and reporting.
• Oversee software, network security and DR/BC.
o Including review vulnerability scanner results and correct issues as needed.
o Including insuring networks meet PCI DSS standards.
o Including Virtual and SAN environments.
• Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots networks, networking hardware devices and software.
o Including testing/planning future ideas of hardware and software in lab environments.
• Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
• Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
• Constantly learning to stay up to date with network, OS and security standards.
• Recommend and schedule repairs to the LAN/WAN
o Including using Change Control process for approval.
• Develops a project plan to deliver the proposed approach, including time and cost estimates.
• Contributes to the design, implementation phases of the project, coordinating with the customers, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Attention to Detail - Taking great care to ensure all aspects of work are completed correctly, developing effective methods for tracking specifics, and checking the quality of one's work in order to ensure accuracy. Identifying mistakes and correcting them before they cause major problems.
• Continuous Improvement - Maintaining a constant focus on forward progress by identifying areas for improvement. Keeping an open mind and seeking out new ideas and ways of doing things. Making suggestions for new ways to address inefficiencies and taking the necessary steps to implement changes.
• Goal Orientation - Initiating and maintaining focus on and movement toward preset objectives. Achieving quantifiable and measurable results despite obstacles, problems, risks, distractions or pressures.
• Integrity - Possessing principles and values that guide one to behave in a fair and honest manner. Demonstrating sound business ethics. Stepping forward and taking a stand for what is right when made aware of unethical behavior by others.
• Interpreting Information/Analysis - Systematically investigating a problem to better understand a situation. Identifying and interpreting underlying trends, interrelationships and cause-effect relationships among seemingly unrelated pieces of data. Drawing logical inferences and making rational recommendations based on the application of inductive and deductive reasoning skills.
• Managing Change - Displaying the proper attitude toward change, while helping others to understand the need for and benefits of change. Engaging key stakeholders in the communication and planning processes to ensure buy-in. Creating plans to address resistance and reward success.
• Multi-Tasking - Effectively performing multiple responsibilities simultaneously and/or frequently moving from one activity to another without losing focus. Being able to perform a variety of tasks without becoming overwhelmed or confused or forgetting to complete an assignment.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage and welcome all applicants to apply.
Education: Associates Degree in Information Technology or higher
Preferred Certifications: Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, CWSP, CWDP, CWAP, CWNA, Azure AZ-900, Azure AZ-103, Azure AZ-300
Experience: 5 years of experience in information technology to include:
• 4-6 years troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems and maintaining network services, equipment and devices.
• 2-4 years of troubleshooting VOIP networks.
• 2-4 years of datacenter planning, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring.
• 2-4 years of BGP routing configuring and troubleshooting.
• 1-2 years of SDWAN planning, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring.
• 1-2 years of Azure planning, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring.
• 2-4 years managing projects of increasing complexity.
• Education and experience may substitute for one another on a month-for-month basis.
Computer Skills: Utilize ticketing systems to track and document issues and resolutions, command line configuration of devices, OSI model, protocols and ports, IPSec and secure protocols, Network Access control lists and firewall policies, Wireless Networks, 802.1x, Radius and Network Access Protection. Office365 products to communicate, document and collaborate. Including Visio, Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and more.
• Ability to get along with others, form positive working relationships, and function well as a member of a team.
• Experience in hospitality or retail industries is a plus
• Experience with distributed retail is a plus
• Must be available for overtime as needed on evenings and occasional weekends
An office environment in a controlled atmosphere building
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Apply on company website