Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech's Bellevue design center office is currently seeking a Structural Engineer-in-training to join our multi-disciplined team which specializes in innovative planning, engineering, and design solutions for dams, flood risk reduction, inland navigation, waterfront, ports, hydropower, and transit structures.
In this position you will work closely with national industry leaders and local experts to support clients with structural design support. You will provide expertise for marine facilities, concrete and steel bridges, flood walls, pump stations, navigation locks, dam structures, and waterfront structures. This position offers multiple growth opportunities, in both technical expertise and project management as part of our team.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Structural design and analysis of civil works structures (flood walls, navigation locks, dam structures), waterfront structures, bridges, and pump stations.
- Produce structural engineering related calculations forwarding project design under the direction of a Project or Senior Engineer
- Develop drawings and models
- Will utilize structural design software, modeling software and CADD/BIM tools
- Detail steel and concrete structures as part of contract package development
- Research design options and document findings for Project or Senior Engineer.
- Provide information to Project or Senior Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
- Consult with suppliers or contractors to interpret specifications or other contract criteria.
- Produce contract documents including plans, specifications and quantities.
- Other duties as assigned
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master's Degree desired)
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) certification (Required)
- Classwork in or experience with concrete and steel design
- Knowledge of computer-based design tools (i.e. SAP2000, CSIBridge, LPILE)
- Basic understanding of application of structural design codes (i.e. AISC, ACI)
- Basic knowledge of production and/or modeling software (CAD, GIS, BIM, Inventor, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Sound time management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and advance
- The chance to work on multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating with scientists, engineers, geologists, and biologists to take projects from design through construction. You'll be able to see projects through from start to finish.
- A small, entrepreneurial-minded office that's backed by the resources of a large, international company.
- A passionate team of co-workers who work hard and respect the importance of work-life balance – really!
- The opportunity to think outside the box to develop innovative solutions to client problems, and the support to implement your ideas.
- Our office is walking distance to restaurants and shopping and future Downtown Bellevue Light Rail Station.
- Free parking and easy freeway access.
- We are a highly collaborative team working flexibly in the office and from home. Our goal is to create a space that enables collaboration and excellence in delivery with good opportunities for mentoring and growth of our staff.
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website