Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer (Remote) for our Power Division Team. A senior Structural Engineer performs various engineering assignments which requires a general familiarity with a broad field of engineering. Must be able to solve problems by use of combinations of industry standards and modified industry standard procedures, or methods developed in previous assignments. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervising groups of professionals and non-professionals or small groups of specialized engineers in the Power sector to execute both large and small projects
- Liaise with other discipline leads, project managers, vendors, contractors, and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information for use in preparing preliminary and detailed design and provide design clarifications and solutions during construction.
- Committing to and maintaining project timelines
- The ability to document and track project tasks and related design documents is required (strong organizational skills)
- Preparation and/or verification of design drawings and calculations
- Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables
- Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
- Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
- Monitor project schedule and budgets within your area of responsibility and report status on a regular basis
- University Degree in Civil-Structural Engineering
- 10+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience with transmission station structures and overhead transmission lines with operating voltages not less than 115 kV
- Knowledge of electrical substation steel structures and foundations, industrial buildings, and overhead transmission line structural design
- Previous experience in the design of heavy industrial structures (steel, concrete, wood, masonry), preferably in the power industry, and Consulting Engineering experience is desirable
- Must have strong computer skills (familiarity with AutoCAD, MS Office, MathCAD, Structural Analysis Software such as STAAD, SFrame, RISA, and/or transmission line design software PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole & Tower, SAGSEC and CAISSON etc...)
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required. Candidate must effectively work as part of the multidiscipline design team and provide leadership and guidance to the team.
- Registration as a Structural Engineer in the US is mandatory
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website