Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking full-time, Mid – Senior Level Environmental Scientists (Biologists, Chemists, Environmental Health / Scientists) and Engineers for our Denver, CO office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ideal candidate will lead, manage, and provide senior oversight for emergency response, site investigations, environmental due diligence, Brownfields, compliance, emergency response, and biological/wetland assessment efforts for projects in Colorado and other areas for federal (and potentially other) clients.
Responsibilities may include:
• training staff and supporting field teams with response team members
• interacting directly with federal response personnel for emergency response actions
• leading emergency response actions and managing project scope, schedule, budget, and quality
• overseeing equipment calibration, maintenance, and field application
• leading field visits to document environmental conditions at sites/facilities
• managing and leading spill response and associated field documentation
• senior leadership for field work and oversight to collect samples or take field measurements
• writing to prepare due diligence assessments and other reports
• data analysis, evaluation, and management
• building a team of responders prepare to provide on-site client support
• technical review and oversight for air, storm water, and hazardous materials management compliance documentation
• providing project management support, including procurement and oversight of subcontractors and laboratories.
You will also prepare and review technical writing for letter reports, field studies, due diligence and remedial investigation reports, monthly progress reports, standard operating procedures, and more. Strong writing skills are critical.
The selected candidate will interact directly with the program management team to oversee and support response program implementation. You will interact with Tetra Tech offices nationwide, and interact with subcontractors, stakeholders, and clients.
The ideal candidate will have 10-20+ years of experience in environmental consulting, project management, regulatory compliance, and due diligence. Additional experience in:
• GIS, data base management, and data analysis and associated data management and modeling tools is a benefit.
• CAD, working with big data, and SQL Server Data Base Management is a plus
• Operation of a range of field equipment, including Geoprobe operation a plus
• Training in emergency response capabilities a plus
• Field team leadership and field team planning, management and oversight is plus
• The candidate should be flexible and able to multi-task successfully
• Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment
• Ability to manage a heavy workload, and travel
• Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications are required
• This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check and maintaining a safe driving record.
• B.A/B.S. in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, or related degree required.
• 40-hour OSHA, Incident Command System, or related training a plus.
• Asbestos and or lead certification preferred but not required.
• Current 40-hour HAZWOPER is a plus.
The work environment generally consists of working 5 days a week - but fieldwork includes longer periods of continuous work in the field – and requires:
• Ability to travel roughly 50% to support environmental emergency response and field investigation situations throughout the Rocky Mountain region on short notice, where the applicant will support field teams and provide technical support to EPA personnel at sites in a high-pressure situation.
• On-call support up to two weeks per month. The ability to respond quickly, within a mandatory response time, is required.
• Overnight travel supporting projects on a national scale with the potential for weekend work is required.
• Heavy lifting of field sampling and other equipment, and carrying objects up to 50 lbs, is required.
• Capable of wearing and working in an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
• Periodic, long workdays, including 12+ hours, especially when in the field.
• Must meet physical demands of hazardous waste site work.
• Must be able to work outside in the field in all seasons and in a variety of weather conditions.
We offer a full-range of benefits including 401k Retirement Program, Time off with Pay (TOWP), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability, FSA and HSA.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $56,160 - $83,200, all hours worked are compensated.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website