Tennessee Quality Care, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., has been offering high-quality, compassionate home health and hospice services for more than 30 years. In addition to providing personalized care to individuals in the comfort of their homes, local offices collaborate with skilled nursing facilities to help patients regain independence and transition home after rehabilitation. Tennessee Quality Care operates in 31 counties across middle and west Tennessee through multiple branch offices. The Tennessee Quality Care division office is based in Parsons, Tennessee. For more information, visit TNquality.com.
The Home Health Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will be responsible for providing personal care and related services in the home. This position functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Registered Nurse/Therapist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including but not limited to:
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse/Therapist, will provide personal care which includes bathing and personal hygiene
- Check and record vital signs such as patient temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure
- Provide light housekeeping, linen changes, laundry, meal preparation and companionship
- Assist with physical activity as assigned, such as transferring, ambulating, simple exercises and encourages independence
- May remind the patient to take their medications as prescribed by the physician
- Prepare simple meals and assist patient with eating when needed
- Willing to travel to other office locations and assist with staffing as needed
- Assist with orientation of new staff members if requested
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year Certified Nursing Assistant experience preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be able to provide written documentation of certified nursing assistant and must include classroom and supervised practical training in a practicum, laboratory or other setting in which the trainee demonstrates knowledge while providing services to an individual under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse who is under the supervision of a registered nurse. Classroom and supervised practical training must total at least seventy-five (75) hours. A minimum of sixteen (16) hours of classroom training must precede a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of supervised practical training as part of the seventy-five (75) hours.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass the Company's Competency Evaluation
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications
- Automobile Insurance
- Driver License
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Apply on company website