Title: Senior Development Engineer - Software
Type: Full Time
Function: Mfg / Ind Engineering
Top Level Division: Powertrain
Division: PT - Global Valvetrain
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom (Rowley House)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To design, develop and implement software based control systems to ensure FMCP hybrid products and technologies meet functional and performance requirements. Support the control system development and validation across all FMCP programs from initial concept through to customer or production launch.
- Support the Applications team with technical input for customer inquiries
- Act as a key point of contact for internal customers and external partners on control systems software for micro-hybrid programs.
- Conduct analysis of dynamic systems and software requirements and investigate solutions to implement the embedded software
- Integrate and validate in-house and third-party SW components
- Develop software compliance documentation eg A-SPICE, IS026262
- Design and implement the embedded software components to meet specifications or change requests.
- Develop test plans to validate control systems and software implementations
- Perform unit, functional and integration testing of software
- Support software release for integration into prototype machines and provide associated control system and software documentation
- Generate calibration to meet functional and performance targets.
- Support functional testing of software on prototype machines
- Release SW and basic calibrations for both internal and external customers
- Support investigation into control system and software failures and initiate corrective action
- Facilitate software reviews and quality analysis meetings.
- Train, mentor and support the software engineers in the team
- Support project leader and manager during the software audits
- Support test/commissioning activities at both onsite, offsite and customer locations.
- Support legacy projects and products
- Liaise with customer for quicker issue resolutions
- Support technical SW lead and SW architect on time and resource estimation.
Control Systems Software Development
Develop models to aid system analysis and control system development and complete software design documentation
- Follow the product/project timing plan and key milestones for SW deliveries
- Ensure all control systems and software activities follow CPT development process and procedures, providing technical evidence and maintaining auditable records required to maintain CPT quality management system
- Support project and resource managers with information on software development needs to ensure accurate planning and allocation of resources
- Provide software input at team meetings and reviews
- Provide customers, suppliers and partners with necessary technical information to support customer projects as required
- Perform any other duty required by the line manager commensurate with the post
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
8 or more years in automotive software development, preferably in powertrain/chassis/similar safety-critical domain
- SW and control system development for brushless DC motors
- High voltage and DC-DC converters
- Hard real-time operating system
- SW modelling and auto-coding
- Model Based System Engineering
- SW verification and validation: HIL, MIL, SIL, PIL, white-box and black-box testing.
- LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, J1939, I2C, SPI
- ECU Calibration, CCP, XCP
- Low level drivers, Assembly programming, boot loaders
- SW static and dynamic analysis
- Use of debugger, logic analyses, oscilloscopes etc.
- Hardware: Infineon Tricore, Motorola MPC 5xx, Texas Instruments TMSxx
- Coding and scripting: C, CAPL, VB, shell
- Compilers: Tasking/Diab/GNU
- AUTOSAR: Vector DaVinci Developer and Configurator, CANdela, ODX Authoring tools
- Modelling: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, TargetLink
- Calibration and data logging: ETAS Inca, Vector CANape, ATI Vision, CANalyser
- SW version management: ClearCase, CVS, GIT
- SW testing, integration and management: Rational Jazz, ClearQuest, Jenkins, JIRA, RTRT
- SW Documentation: doxygen, Adobe based
- MS Windows and MS Office
Standards and frameworks:
- SW Engineering: V Cycle, Agile, UML
- AUTOSAR v4.0 or above
- ISO 26262
- MISRA C
- OBD, OBD2, J1979 based diagnostics
Apply on company website