Title: Program Engineer
Type: Full Time
Function: Product Engineering
Top Level Division: Clean Air
Division: CA - Clean Air
Location: Rybnik / PL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a great opportunity to join us as a Program Engineer in our Engineering team in Rybnik
- This position will be responsible for development, analysis, prototyping, and prove out of new products and methods.
- Responsible to ensure that products are robust, widely applicable, and feasible to manufacture while meeting program timing.
- Lead the application of GD&T to 2D drawings with the manufacturing plant and MET team members.
- Translate anticipated customer technical requirements, developing product performance and durability specifications, supplier contact, technical development program management, developing and scheduling test programs.
- Lead individual new product development projects and coordinates activities within the department, cross functional, and with outside suppliers to meet milestone dates.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, develop mathematical models, and employ CAD, the engineering network, and PC based software to generate designs.
- Perform and lead product development testing, instrumentation data acquisition, generate DOE, analyze and publish reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Perform and lead new product analysis and evaluation (including predictive performance).
- Provide technical assistance for prototype and development of new designs. Prepare, codify, and publish development guidelines and supporting documentation.
- Analyze results of benchmarking initiatives and integrates findings into appropriate areas of Tenneco.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staff. Prepare and present technical reports in-house and to the technical community.
- Applies engineering methods and tools (e.g., DFMEA's, 8D problem solving, FEA, SCP, PCR, etc) to improve product/process designs and/or minimize future risk.
- Applies problem solving tools and development methods to enhance productivity and design quality (e.g., CFD/FEA simulation, modeling, DOE).
- Has strong understanding of DFMEA principles and can apply to a given design
- Able to develop, read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong Design and Release experience within the customer Engineering Work Order system
- B.S. in Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- 3-5+ years of experience on similar role - preferred in emissions/ exhaust systems
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize make decisions and manage multiple projects.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively across organizational levels, both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to travel to suppliers, manufacturing plants, and customer locations to support development and launch activities.
- Strong GD&T skills preferred
What we offer :
- Opportunity of professional development
- International exposure and interaction with other teams
- Benefits package
We want to make you feel welcomed, challenged and inspired and so we've made sure to carefully put together a blend of benefits meant to boost your health and well being, to ensure your personal and professional growth and also your integration in a pleasant day to day working environment.
What you can expect next
Our team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Apply on company website