Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT - Bearings
Location: Blacksburg, VA, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following Tenneco's expected separation to form two new, independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV™) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, the new Tenneco will be one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Tenneco's Bearings plant in Blacksburg, Virginia is looking for Industrial Maintenance Mechanics to join our team.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance within plant
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces hydraulic power units, pneumatic circuits, etc.
- Welds with Arc, MIG, and/or TIG for steel, stainless steel, and/or aluminum
- Metal fabrication using shears, breaks, drill presses, mills, lathes, cold saws, etc.
- Installs and moves large equipment and machines, to include leveling the machines and installing services
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Must be able to work any shift as needed
- Good diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Journeyman's card
- Welding experience
- Metal fabrication experience
Apply on company website