Title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Type: Full Time
Function: Production / Distribution Support
Top Level Division: Powertrain
Division: PT - Bearings
Location: Blacksburg, VA, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following Tenneco's expected separation to form two new, independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV™) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, the new Tenneco will be one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Tenneco's Bearings business is looking for a Maintenance Electrician who will Troubleshoot and repair production lines and other facility equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This person will be responsible for performing major overhauls and replacements of electrical components on equipment.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced Maintenance Electrician with a Journeyman's license and a strong electrical machining background.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly.
- Receives work instructions for repairs & maintenance of equipment & machinery from supervisors, engineers, and team leaders working from detailed plans, sketches and drawings.
- Lead decisions and use best judgement in feasibility of repairing equipment and refer to prints, diagrams, engineering specifications and manufacturers' manuals.
- Revise equipment deficiencies by replacing components with more adequate design components and eliminating repetitive issues with design changes.
- Read electrical schematics and interpret/design ladder logic diagrams and programs
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently and capable of making adequate decision with little or no assistance.
- Installing and maintaining electrical cabinets and transformers.
- Install and work with 480 volts 3 phase and lower voltages.
- Running conduit, sizing wire, and circuits.
Education: Journeyman's license OR a minimum of 3 years of electrical experience.
- PLC troubleshooting preferred
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical principle/theory, and familiarity with pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Understanding and troubleshooting machine controls
- Understanding electrical and mechanical principles
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website