Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Chief Accountant's Department of TD Bank Group (the “Bank”) is responsible for ensuring that the Bank's consolidated shareholder reports are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and regulatory (OSC and SEC) requirements. This involves providing financial accounting advisory support to the Business units and Corporate areas on emerging and existing complex accounting issues such as financial instruments, consolidation, structured transactions and capital issuances. This includes the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders within the Bank to deliver consolidated shareholder reports and regulatory filings.
The Senior Manager, Chief Accountant's Department – Accounting Policy and Advisory (Chief's APA) is responsible for the development, maintenance and interpretation of the Bank's accounting policies. As well, the Senior Manager will be responsible for accounting advisory responsibilities in support of certain key business lines within the Canadian Retail Segment and the Corporate Segment.
- Leading a team to deliver timely, accurate and value-added technical accounting advisory services under IFRS to senior stakeholders in resolving financial accounting matters
- Providing strategic direction and practical accounting advice on new accounting standards by understanding the objectives of the standard setting authorities and the objectives of the business units.
- Research and benchmark new accounting and reporting disclosure requirements from accounting standard-setting authorities.
- Translating and communicating complex accounting topics to stakeholders, recognizing and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business or regulatory environment changes.
- Supporting the implementation of new and upcoming accounting standards and amendments, including appropriate new accounting and reporting disclosures and enhancements to existing disclosures, including working with the Business Units and other groups.
- Advising on, preparing and/or reviewing certain disclosures in the external consolidated shareholder reports (MD&A, Financial statements and notes, Supplemental Financial Information Package) as well as providing accounting advisory support to Finance Operations.
- Developing and fostering relationships with key business partners and stakeholder groups, both internally (Canadian and Corporate Segments, ESDS, Investor Relations, etc.) and externally (auditors, CBA etc.)
- Leading the delivery of periodic technical update presentations and accounting policy update materials relating to new accounting pronouncements
- Leading the development, maintenance and interpretation of Bank-wide accounting policies.
- Providing leadership and training, and fostering a positive and rewarding work environment within Chief's APA and across TD Finance
- Candidate must possess a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) designation, coupled with a minimum 7 years of relevant financial accounting experience
- People manager and team building experience in leading a team of direct reports in delivering technical accounting and advisory solutions to business problems
- In-depth IFRS technical accounting background with a focus on financial instruments and accounting issues relating to depository institutions and experience in researching and resolving complex accounting issues. US GAAP experience in the same areas is an asset
- Must be detail oriented and quick to comprehend complex business transactions and strategies with an ability to apply problem-solving skills and ensure the most appropriate accounting/reporting framework is applied
- Experience leading accounting specific change management projects
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with various stakeholders at various levels of seniority
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website