Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Wealth takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients.
Financial Planning team understands that helping clients set and achieve their financial goals while delivering a legendary customer experience is what drives our business success, new business and client loyalty. We do this by knowing our clients, offering the most professional and personalized solutions and building award-winning, high-performing teams.
We have a long and growing history in wealth management leadership and are poised for even greater future success. Feel welcome, challenged and rewarded. Trust us, you'll be busy, but never bored.
• Identify client life and financial goals, potential barriers, provide recommendations, and ongoing relationship/portfolio management
• Identify opportunities to refer clients to Partners (Wealth, Retail)
• Provide ongoing comprehensive reviews of clients' financial circumstances and create long-term relationships by providing financial planning expertise and ongoing services
• Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriate
• Be knowledgeable of practices and procedures within own area of responsibility and keep abreast of emerging trends for own functional area
• Protect the interests of the organization – identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk activities as necessary
• Conduct internal and external research projects; support the development / delivery of presentations / communications to management or broader audience
• Conduct reporting and / or meaningful analysis at the functional or enterprise level using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations, assess the effectiveness of programs/ policies/ practices
• Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exists
• Acquire and apply expertise in the discipline, provide guidance, assistance and direction to others
• Identify, recommend and effectively execute standard practices applicable to the discipline
• Adhere to internal policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines
• Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
• Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Support the team by continuously enhancing knowledge / expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
• Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
• Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
• Contribute to the success of the team by willingly assisting others in the completion and performance of work activities; provide training, coaching and/or guidance as appropriate.
• Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
• Act as a brand champion for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally
BREADTH & DEPTH
• Experienced professional with a focus on providing business development, relationship management and / or sales advice within their own area of specialty
• Requires an in-depth understanding of products/services and key competitors
• Identifies referral opportunities across business lines and segments
• Understands the business and technical principles that underpin the design and delivery of the products and services provided
• Possesses a solid understanding of the business, the competitive landscape and economic/market issues
• May serve as a product or customer segment knowledge resource
• Coordinates the identification, pursuit or management of accounts/opportunities with others while taking a primary role in managing the relationship
• Solves moderately complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing product and service solutions
• Exercises judgement in planning and developing customized account management processes; focuses on customizing advice and solutions
• Impacts a range of sales achievement (P&L) of their own team and related teams
• Puts solutions in context when presenting complex alternatives and framing advice
• Work performed under minimal management guidance and supervision
• Identify and leads customer problem resolution
• Generally reports to a Senior / Manager or above
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• University Degree
• 3-5 years industry experience
• Licensed with IIROC as a Reg. Rep.
• Completion of at least one of PFP, CFP, PFPC or WME, Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) within the last 2 years or must be completed within first 90 days in role
• Certified Financial Planner designation within the first 24 months in the role
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website