Tailored Brands, Inc.'s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one of a kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth, and respect.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced attorney to join our Corporate Legal team. This role will report to Tailored Brands Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.
Due to COVID, Tailored Brands is currently working remotely. Going forward, we anticipate this role will be hybrid, working partially from home and partially out of either our Houston, Texas or Fremont, CA office.
As the Senior Corporate Counsel-Corporate and Assistant Secretary, this role provides legal counsel and support in connection with all corporate activities, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, maintaining corporate records, serving as the assistant corporate secretary, and compliance with policies. This role will partner with our Finance, Accounting, and Corporate Tax teams, and our HR and Communications teams.
• Advise on corporate governance matters, including support in connection with preparations for Board of Directors, Board Committee and shareholder meetings
• Support and provide sound advice to Board of Directors, Board Committees, and executive leadership
• Lead international corporate administration efforts, including compliance with relevant international, federal, and state laws, and maintaining foreign and domestic entities
• Oversee legal aspects of corporate transactional matters, including M&A, corporate finance, and other facilities related transactions
• Collaborating cross-functionally with Finance, HR, Communications and senior leadership
• Partnering with outside counsel with an eye toward driving business goals and providing world class counseling, while effectively managing time and cost
• Keep company updated and advised on external corporate governance trends, general legal issues and best practices
• Participate in the definition and development of policies, procedures and programs, and provide continuing counsel and guidance on implications of all legal matters
• Handle various regulatory reporting responsibilities
• Other duties as required
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications:
• JD from an accredited law school
• Membership with good standing in at least one U.S. State Bar (membership with California or Texas State Bar preferred)
• At least 7 years of legal practice experience. In-house legal experience preferred.
• Strong legal background with corporate matters, especially with corporate governance, private equity, securities, financing, strategic transactions, accounting, and financial reporting
• Capable of interacting with, and establishing the respect and confidence of, senior business leaders
• Ability to influence and provide timely and effective legal and business advice and support at all organizational levels
• Demonstrated ability to take manage a high volume of matters at any given time, work well under pressure, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
• Business-oriented problem solver and a flexible team player, with ability to partner across departments in order to provide legal support that will enable teams to do business effectively
• Ability to analyze complex matters and propose creative and practical solutions, even in ambiguous situations
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interface effectively with individuals at various levels
• Professionalism, judgment, personal integrity, and confidentiality
• Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
• Ability to pass a thorough background check
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands:
• Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Work Locations: 01099 Corporate Office 6380 Rogerdale Road Houston 77072
Organization: Tailored Shared Services
Shift: Day Job
Apply on company website