Tailored Brands, Inc.'s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth and respect.
This role manages the merchandising systems and processes as the business owner for all four brands underneath the Tailored Brands umbrella (The Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, K&G Superstores, and Moores Clothing for Men). This role manages a team who drive operational capabilities in support of Tailored Brands, Inc.'s strategic initiatives. This is a unique, hybrid role of business operations and strategy, and will partner directly with business units and the technology teams across all aspects of Tailored Brands.
The position is charged with ensuring a good understanding of the business process design and flow for the merchandise and planning areas, the impact of change and how to enable cross-functional collaboration between the merchandise teams and the other areas of supply chain, stores , marketing, finance and technology.
The Manager, Merchandise Business Systems ensures the team is skilled in the functional expertise and thought leadership to support and manage the applications and systems that are part of the Merchandise and Planning Teams across the four brands.
The person filling this role will be engaged with large scale, multi-faceted, cross functional projects, and will work with the business teams to help build the business case needs and ROI for these projects. The Manager will also work with the PMO team to enable the project work efforts across business and technology, and will work with technology and business teams to provide realistic test cases and scenarios, as well as provide the support and skills needed to foster product adoption and use.
Functional Expertise & Thought Leadership
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all Merchandise systems
• Strategic thought partner to Merchandise and Planning functions in regards to core Merchandising and Planning tools, leveraging systems capabilities to optimize inventories and assortments to drive sales, margin dollars while minimizing risk and lost sales
• Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure effective, efficient processes, tools, and systems are implemented and leveraged consistently across Brands.
• Proactively build business partner relationships to collaborate on analysis and process recommendations
• Develop process governance to ensure systems adoption and to measure systems stability, accuracy, and processes that help drive efficiencies across the enterprise
• Identify and provide recommendations for system enhancements and /or implementations that support the Merchandise and Planning Teams business strategy
• Maintain an active relationship with the Merchandise and Planning team leadership to understand ever changing business strategy and focus
• As a Technology Team leader ensure the alignment with business needs and future development on short and long term roadmap.
Enterprise Initiatives & Projects
• Work with the Technology PMO and leadership to develop business requirements, define success criteria and KPI's, identify risks and issues, and help build contingency plans for projects and large work initiatives
• Build ROI and business cases to effectively capture and communicate benefits across the enterprise
• Help lead the business teams through systems implementations, enhancements, upgrades, and critical stabilization
• Build knowledge expertise in the retail sector and foster the mentoring of this knowledge to the team
• Build good cross-functional teams communications to support business needs, including Technology, Finance, Merchandise, Stores, Marketing, Supply Chain and Direct Sourcing
• Provide the communication and training plans for new functionality, system implementations and enhancements for all Merchandise and Planning Systems and applications
People Management & Development
• Accountable for the direct management/leadership of the Merchandise Business Systems team, including selection, day to day management, yearly performance reviews, resource growth and accountability. The team consists currently of four direct reports.
• Manage ongoing development of team through clear goal setting; provide regular and effective coaching, and communication
• Drive a team of SME's with ongoing cross-training to ensure skillset to support level one triage for the merchandise and planning suite of applications and systems
• Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience in leading the development and implementation of Merchandise , Planning, or Supply Chain systems either on the business or technology side
• Minimum 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience leading teams
• Strong background and understanding of Merchandising, Planning, Go to Market operations, and cross-functional project planning
• Good understanding or real life working experience with merchandise and supply chain systems and applications such as : JDA Demand & Forecasting, JDA Fulfillment, JDA Replenishment, Logility Planning & Allocation, TeraData Analytics, Quantisense, Snowflake, APT Test & Learn, Manhattan Planning, Manhattan WMOS, and Manhattan DOM, AgileOne, Direct Sourcing Systems such as Bamboo Rose
• Should have experience working with an Omni-channel set of business systems, processes and architecture
• Experience in building technology roadmaps and translating merchandising requirements into technical requirements.
• Experience in multiple large scale, retail enterprise projects
• Functional experience in Merchandise/Merchandise Planning best practices through systems integration and data driven analytics
• Retail business background with strong process development and change management skills.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively cross-functionally across all levels of the enterprise, from programmers to executive level roles.
• Adaptable to fast paced, ever changing environment. Ability to quickly pivot to accommodate changing priorities.
• Develop and mentor a dedicated cross-functional team
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution
• Buying or Planning experience preferred
• Understanding of and work with differing system methodologies is preferred…waterfall, agile, blends
• Some Travel required
#TBIndeed #LI-JE1 #DCE
Work Locations: 02098C Corporate Office 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Job: Information Technology (IT)
Organization: Tailored Shared Services
Shift: Day Job
Apply on company website