- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Experience and technical knowledge of rail systems (signals, communication, power) is required.
- Must have strong Business Development/Marketing experience with a proven track record.
- The ideal candidate will have approximately 15 years of increasingly responsible experience in a similar Marketing and Business Development function for an A/E/C firm.
- Successful candidate will have a history of developing and maintaining effective business relationships with clients and peers.
- Demonstrated success in growing a group or division is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are required.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Coordinate with the Director of Rail & Transit in the preparation and communication of business/marketing plans for a Systems practice. Coordinate with the regions as well as various other directors and Unit/Branch Managers to develop and execute these plans.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of client relationships. Serve as Client Manager for as coordinated with the Director of Transit and Rail.
- Participate in the marketing of specific clients and projects, including preparation of proposals and participating in interviews for projects of various delivery methods (design-bid-build, design-build, etc.).
- Assist the Transit Rail Line of Business with building and maintaining a strong railroad systems team. Assist in the identification, recruiting and retention of top notch, experienced staff for the Transit and Rail team.
- Interface with FTA, FRA, various railroad owner and operators, and other public agencies involved in rail/transit projects.
- Oversee advanced conceptual and preliminary engineering design (or design review) activities for, systems, signaling, communication, power, vehicles, and other physical elements of projects. (Activity to be supported by other technical staff and subconsultants.)
- Project management of rail(road) design and program management projects. This includes oversight of all technical, financial and administrative functions and responsibilities with a project.
- Lead the preparation of comprehensive engineering reports, calculations, specifications, and drawings for rail/transit design projects.
- Provide staff with expert technical guidance and assistance on projects. Identify training when needed.
- Assist in value engineering, quality control, and constructability reviews.
- Other assignments as needed.
Apply on company website