Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Provide direct care and improve the lives of children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges! Enjoy full benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement (up to 60% for some degrees), and paid training, with opportunities for growth in the field! It is more than a job! Join our team of talented professionals! Ongoing individual supervision and support are provided by experienced supervisors, clinicians and program leadership. Extensive training is provided, including CARE (Children And Residential Experience), Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), First Aid/CPR, and Medication Training.
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD:
• Provide direct care by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
• Provide assistance by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
• Transport clients to home visits, appointments, etc.
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Desire to work with children in need.
• Clean and valid Maine driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Ability to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
POTENTIAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
• Higher Level Youth & Family Counselor.
• Supervisory Positions.
• Case Management and Clinical (with education).
Apply on company website