Be a superhero to our state's most vulnerable children and families by joining our talented team of professionals. It is more than a job! It is an opportunity to improve the lives of children and families. Ongoing individual supervision and support are provided by experienced supervisors, clinicians and program leadership. Extensive training is provided including CARE (Children And Residential Experience a training from Cornell University), Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), First Aid/CPR, Medication Training. You will also participate in clinical supervision with your team, so will have an opportunity to give direct input to a client's treatment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD:
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Ability to transport clients.
• Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
• Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
• Desire to work with children in need.
• Clean and valid Maine driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Ability to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
Apply on company website