Assist children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential campus setting. This is an ideal position for those looking to gain experience and need flexibility in a schedule. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Ability to transport clients.
• Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
• Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
• Desire to work with children in need.
• Clean and valid Maine driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
Apply on company website