Participate in a dynamic team providing support to individuals with mental illness. Provide for a positive environment to foster the development of independent living skills while monitoring and role modeling health and safety. Within the frame work of recovery and resiliency, promotes and restores patient's health by providing health care services in a competent manner consistent with parameters of training and licensure. $2000 SIGN ON BONUS!
- Provide quality care by assuming primary nursing responsibility for the care of individuals.
- Coordinates with individuals medical and psychiatric providers around care and provides transport as needed.
- Implements orders for care, including medication orders via written and oral communication with staff, using the organization's electronic health record.
- Ensures medication accuracy by ordering, labeling, packaging, distributing and checking that medications ordered by the physician are administered.
- Supports individuals in maintaining proper nutrition and healthy lifestyles through education and role modeling.
- Helps residents to their medical appointments by transporting as needed.
- Provides training and support to staff, as needed.
- Follows policies and procedures for dispensing psychotropic medications by preparing the written consent forms.
- Assures current and accurate medical records by maintaining an accurate computer database and consistently charting significant health related interactions.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff, depending on the issue addressed.
- Assure safety and quality in work performed to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Reports accidents and injuries in a timely fashion, demonstrates safe housekeeping practices, notifies supervisor of potential health and safety concerns immediately, participates in health and safety training as required, understands and follows all Sweetser health and safety policies.
- Provides necessary medical, dental and psychiatric information by regularly attending and actively participating in team meetings for assigned programs/cottages.
- Participates in group treatment by focusing on health-related subject matter as indicated and available for assigned residents/clients.
- Promotes a healthy, enjoyable work environment by maintaining a clean, well-organized clinic.
- Fulfills team membership responsibilities by participating in team meetings.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the organization's safety policies and practices by attending required safety programs and reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in trainings and participating on organization task forces.
- Ability to support and recognize the important role that volunteers play. Sweetser employees work with, support, collaborate with volunteers, and promote opportunities for volunteer engagement.
- Follow Suicide safer care practices.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
- Current RN License in the State of Maine
- CPR Certified
- Valid Driver's License
Apply on company website