Provide nursing services to adults and consultation with Community Integration Workers in order to promote the integration of patients' medical and psychiatric health care and improve wellness. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Medication reconciliation.
• Provide medication education.
• Provide medical diagnosis education to staff and facilitate appropriate communication between medical providers and Community Integration Workers.
• Identify medical issues and collaborate with MDs/Psychiatric Medication Management providers/Community Integration Workers.
• Monitor medical and general health status of patients.
• Accompany patients to medical appointments when appropriate.
• Assist in skill development in activities of daily living, including hygiene, nutrition, exercise, general health maintenance.
• Consult with family and significant others for support and continuity of services.
• Provide supportive counseling, listening, and problem solving assistance.
• Continue to consult regarding patients when hospitalized and participate in discharge planning process.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current RN license in the State of Maine.
• Maintain a valid state driver's license.
• Previous experience working with adults with serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website