Medical Assistant will utilize trauma informed practices and customer service to provide support to the psychiatric providers and patients, to ensure quality mental health and substance recovery medication management in a clinical setting. Will coordinate effectively with natural support and other providers, to ensure quality, care and documentation is delivered. Will coordinate with psychiatric providers to maintain productivity expectations and scheduling requirements, including meeting supervision expectations.
• Provide customer service within established deadlines, consistent with organizational values, standards, and policies.
• Facilitate referrals to other needed services through the completion of a Service Update Document (SUD).
• Manage prior authorization requests.
• Manage pharmacy relationships.
• Manage incoming and outgoing patient and provider phone calls.
• Screen and respond to calls and communicate outcomes to providers to enhance coordination of care.
• Engage patients that miss call back dates.
• Facilitate the discharge process for psychiatric providers.
• Attend and actively participate in Clinical Staff meetings and in-services.
• Clinical skills - provide injections as ordered by the provider and obtain necessary pre appointment vital signs and document results.
• Facilitate basic laboratory tests.
• Successful completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited vocational institution or community college and/or certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants).
• Registered through the AAMA, AMT (American Medical Technologist) or another nationally recognized organization preferred.
• One to Two (1-2) years of experience as a medical assistant preferred.
• Experience with EHR.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to demonstrate use of tact and patience in communication with clients, families and staff.
• Ability to work within a flexible schedule.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Apply on company website