Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
• Maintains building climate by the routine installing, repairing and servicing of heating, ventilating and air-conditioning equipment.
• Maintains lighting by installing and repairing wiring and fixtures under the direct supervision of a licensed electrician.
• Maintains building internally and externally by preparing surfaces for application of paint or stain; applying paint or stain using brushes or rollers or other means; cleaning up spilled paint or stain; cleaning and maintaining paint equipment; and properly storing or disposing of excess paint or stain.
• Keeps equipment, including organization vehicles, systems and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, following policies and procedures, and reporting needed changes.
• Performs scheduled inspections of alarm and fire protection devices.
• Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatus.
• Creates conducive environment for organization events by making available required chairs, tables and special equipment at designated event sites and returning chairs, tables and special equipment to their original state at the event's completion.
• Maintains building accessibility and safety by plowing snow from driveways and parking lots and removing snow and ice from walkways, steps and doors using a snow blower.
• Maintains grounds appearance by mowing lawns, trimming bushes, and removing leaves, fallen branches and other debris.
• Maintains continuity between shifts by documenting maintenance actions and noting system or equipment irregularities requiring continued monitoring.
• Maintains parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and equipment; placing and expediting orders for parts and equipment; and verifying receipt of parts and equipment.
• Constructs, repairs and installs structures or fixtures by marking, cutting and assembly lines on materials; shaping materials to measurements; assembling and fastening cut and shaped materials; using carpenter's hand tools, power tools and woodworking machinery.
• Maintains equipment by installing and repairing associated and backup equipment and systems.
• Assists the Maintenance Supervisor by providing input regarding employee problems and job performance.
• Provide back-up support in the pickup and distribution of incoming mail and the preparation of outgoing mail for delivery.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid State Driver's License.
• Three (3) months to one (1) year experience in building maintenance.
• Proven record keeping skills.
• Proven aptitude and competence in maintenance-related areas, including carpentry, painting, minor electrical and plumbing, appliance repair, mechanics and grounds care.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to operate equipment, including truck-mounted snowplows, riding lawn mowers and front-end loaders.
• Ability to travel between sites.
• Ability to read and write.
• Ability to use postal equipment including electronic scales and postage machines.
Apply on company website