Applies the tools developed in his or her own recovery as well as the philosophy and values of Intentional Peer Support to build a connection, consider world view, maintain mutuality, and move towards a new way of being within the new relationship being built with the individual. The Peer Support Specialist will collaborate, coach, and challenge individuals in viewing life's challenges as an opportunity for growth and change; within each individual's recovery process.
• Fully understands and is able to actively implement the three principles and four tasks of Intentional Peer Support.
• Models relationship building, based on the four tasks of intentional peer support, with participants, volunteers and colleagues.
• Understands and actively implements the Eight Dimensions of Wellness as described by SAMHSA.
• Models the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Supports and models healthy relationships.
• Represents Recovery Services at new employee orientations.
• Best practices and guidelines will be followed for each shift.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Provisional CIPS Certification required within 12 months of hire date.
• State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification preferred.
• Meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain CIPSS Certification.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Lived experience of Recovery from Mental Illness or Co-occurring Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and is willing to self-identify with peers on this basis in the community.
• Paid, or unpaid, peer support experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrates understanding of Intentional Peer Support within 90 days of hire.
• Demonstrates knowledge of personal Recovery.
• Ability to be “emotionally present”; recognize when you are not, seek support, and communicate this to the assigned manager.
• Ability to work with diverse populations and accept differences in perspective and values.
• Basic computer skills including receiving and sending emails.
Apply on company website