Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
• Monday thru Friday - Forty (40) hours per week, split between Belfast and Rockland Locations
• Fully understands and is able to actively implement the three principles and four tasks of Intentional Peer Support.
• Models the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to members, volunteers and colleagues.
• Provides support and models healthy relationships, assure that members receive timely and coordinated services and supports that address physical and behavioral health needs, and promote community and home-based recovery.
• Offer support during transitions, as needed/desired by the member.
• Work with Individual and Family Supports.
• Offer assistance with system navigation.
• Offer guidance on self-advocacy techniques.
• Teach, model, explore possibilities, support member in building skills, goal setting, and managing challenges.
• Facilitate groups to support mental, physical health and wellness.
• Maintain a valid state driver's license.
• State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification preferred or Provisional CIPSS Certification within nine (9) months of hire date.
• Meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain CIPSS Certification.
• Self-identified mental health and/or substance use consumer.
• Paid or unpaid peer support experience preferred.
Apply on company website