Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Direct Support Professionals assist adults with intellectual and physical disabilities with their daily needs including personal care, community inclusion, social and recreational activities, and skill building.
- Benefits available to all staff working 30+ hours (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Overnight Shift Differential
- Use of a Sweetser vehicle while on shift
- Paid Training – no experience required
- Flexible scheduling – choose from:
- 7 day on 7 day off schedule (benefited)
- Sunday – Wednesday schedule (benefited)
- Wednesday – Saturday schedule (benefited)
• Ensure all licensing rules and expectations within the Regulations Governing Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs document are followed
• Support consumer independence by teaching new skills and encouraging improvement on current skill sets as they work on Aspects of Daily Living (ADL) skills while remaining conscientious of individual abilities.
• Ensure Consumer Rights are upheld with dignity in all interactions.
• Administer medications prescribed medications with accuracy.
• Provide minor first aid to consumers as needs require.
• Organize and participate in age appropriate activities, hobbies, and socialization opportunities with consumers.
• Transport consumers to all scheduled appointments and required outings.
• Provide assistance with bathing, teeth and mouth care, shaving, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking and personal hygiene, consistent with level of care required by consumer.
• Physically assist consumers with walking, sitting, lifting, and transferring to chair or bed and entering and leaving vehicles.
• Food preparation and cooking of food to provide nutritious meals and snacks for consumers.
High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Maintain a valid state driver's license.
Apply on company website