Join the Disabilities Services team and make a difference in the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities that need caring and compassionate people to assist in their everyday needs. Encourage and support their want for community inclusion, assist their daily activities, and help them lead a self-directed life by skill building.
$500 Sign-on Bonus
($250 Paid after 90 Days of Employment, remaining $250 Paid at 6 months employment to New Hires Only)
Join our Team and Enjoy:
- Use of a Sweetser vehicle while on shift
- Paid Training – no experience required
- Supports consumer independence by teaching new skills and encouraging improvement on current skill sets as they work on Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills while remaining conscientious of individual abilities.
- Knows and understands the rights of recipients and ensures consumer rights are upheld with dignity in all interactions.
- Is familiar with Medical Administration Record (MAR), notifies supervisor or designee and/or medical staff when to ensure timely administration of client medication.
- Provides minor first aid to consumers as needed.
- Organizes and participates in developmentally appropriate activities, hobbies, and socialization opportunities with consumers.
- Transports consumers to all scheduled appointments and required outings.
- Provides assistance with bathing, teeth and mouth care, shaving, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking, and personal hygiene; consistent with level of care required by consumer.
- Ensures that consumers are well dressed in clean and appropriate clothing at all times.
- Ensures consumers have clean clothing and bedding.
- Ensures supervision coverage of client prior to leaving shift.
- Physically assists consumers with walking, sitting, lifting, and transferring to chair or bed and entering and exiting vehicles as needed.
- Assists consumer with food/meal preparation/cooking, providing nutritious meals and snacks for consumers.
- Encourages family, natural supports, and peer interactions for consumers.
- Is familiar with individual consumer charts containing Person Centered Plan, medical information, MAR, and historical information.
- Supports and follows the person centered plan, behavior plans, nutritional requirements and doctor orders.
- Completes daily documentation including but not limited to:
- Updated progress made with ADLs
- Progress towards goals
- Tracking of physical health
- Incident reporting
- Appointment sheets (doctor, dentist appointment records)
- Accident reports and fire drill reports
- Familiar with and uses Sweetser Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Communicates and interacts effectively and respectfully with administrators, peers, caseworkers, family members, guardians, natural supports, and the public.
- Ensures that the home is clean at all times. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning the house and preparing for the next shift:
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Washing/drying/folding/putting away laundry
- Kitchen Duties: disinfecting counters and tables, washing dishes, cleaning the refrigerator, stove, and sink
- Washing any walls that have gotten dirty
- Cleaning bathrooms: wiping down sink, cleaning toilets, restocking supplies, cleaning mirrors
- Maintains professional boundaries with consumers and staff.
High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Maintain a valid state driver's license.
***We train: DSP, CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, CRMA***
Apply on company website