Becoming part of the Sweetser family means you can make a difference in the lives of Maine children, adults, and families every day. As a nationally recognized and accredited leader, we offer competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and the opportunity to join a passionate team of more than 700 employees.
Start Over with your Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
This position is located in Rockport and would work on Sweetser's Crisis Stabilization Unit. Provide crisis stabilization services to adults who are in a psychiatric crisis. This position will interact with the client in a positive environment that is assessed as necessary to prevent de-compensation or acute psychiatric hospitalization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD:
• Provide supportive, respectful, non-judgmental care to adult clients and assist them in meeting goals identified in treatment plans.
• Actively engage with clients while maintaining clear boundaries.
• Accept individual differences and learn from them.
• Approach each client with an attitude of discovery and hope.
• Support independent client functioning that leads to increased skills upon discharge.
• Learn new skills.
• Utilize effective communication skills that improve client outcomes and promote teamwork.
• Work as a team player delivering effective care to clients and promoting continuous harmonious working relationships.
• Independently maintain an environment that promotes safety and efficiency.
• Write descriptive and concise progress notes relative to the clients' defined goals and objectives.
• Have the ability to relate effectively to a wide range of clients.
• Valid state driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High School diploma and experience working in the mental/behavioral health field.
• One (1) year of experience providing direct care and/or crisis intervention to adults in a related field.
• MHRT I state certification or eligibility for and completion of certification within the first year of employment.
Apply on company website