Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
Our caring and compassionate professionals provide services in mental health, recovery and education, creating promising futures for the children, adults and families we serve. Our professionals include psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses and licensed clinical social workers, supporting our statewide network of care:
* Community-based services: Assertive Community Treatment, Behavioral Health Home, Community
Integration, Primary Care Integration, and School-based Services
* Crisis Services: Crisis Stabilization Units, and Mobile Crisis Intervention
* Outpatient Services: Affiliate Network, Individual, Family or Group Therapy, New England Eating Disorders, Psychiatric
Services, School-based Therapy, and Substance Use Disorder Therapy
* Peer Services: Intentional Warm Line, and Peer Training Network
* Residential and Educational Services: Day Treatment Services, FOCUS Through Adventure, and Specialized Schools
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
School-based clinicians provide individual and family therapy to children, adolescents and their families in the natural environment of their school or home. This position offers the opportunity to work with a wide variety of people, community resources, as well as school staff. You will be part of a comprehensive team that works together to provide for the needs of the clients and their families.
As a School-based clinician, you will work full time providing comprehensive assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, and psychotherapy to students and their families. You will also participate in program development, maintain clinical records, and be part of a clinical team. Sweetser provides specialized training in TF-CBT, Play Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Structural Family Therapy. LCSW, LMSW-CC, LCPC, LCPC-C accepted.
Sweetser offers competitive compensation, career advancement and excellent benefits!
Clinicians are provided laptops, cell phones and mileage reimbursement.
Eligible for Full Benefits! Reimbursement for clinical licensure, exams and renewals!
Year Round, Fee for Service! Monday - Friday school hours with occasional after school and evening hours required.
Edna Drinkwater Elementary School
• Master's degree in either Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy with a concentration in clinical practice from an accredited graduate school. Independent licensure preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Appropriate licensing certificate. (LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, LCPC, LMSWcc or LCPCcc)
• Valid Driver's License.
• Demonstrated competence in discipline.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website