Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Join the Disabilities Services team and make a difference in the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities! The Direct Support Professional Overnight Asleep position will provide overnight individualized care and support to consumers who have developmental or physical disabilities and/or mental health needs on an as needed basis. This position does not require overnight staff to be awake all night long, but will require the staff wake up and be available to provide support and services may include total physical care.
Join our Team and Enjoy:
- Asleep Overnight, get paid to sleep! $12 per hour
- Hours: 9:00pm - 7:00am
- Paid Training – no experience required
- Provides care and support to the consumer during the scheduled overnight shift who may wake up or have needs requiring assistance, including evacuation for nighttime fire alarms.
- Supports consumer independence by teaching new skills and encouraging improvement on current skill sets as they work on Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills while remaining conscientious of individual abilities.
- Knows and understands the rights of recipients and ensures consumer rights are upheld with dignity in all interactions.
- Familiarity with Medical Administration Record (MAR), notifies supervisor or designee and/or medical staff when to ensure timely administration of client medication.
- Provides minor first aid to consumers as needed.
- Provides assistance with bathing, teeth and mouth care, shaving, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking, and personal hygiene; consistent with level of care required by consumer.
- Ensures consumers are well dressed in clean and appropriate clothing at all times.
- Ensures consumers have clean clothing and bedding.
- Ensures supervision coverage of client prior to leaving shift.
- Physically assists consumers with walking, sitting, lifting, and transferring to chair or bed and entering and exiting vehicles as needed.
- Assists consumer with food/meal preparation/cooking; providing nutritious meals and snacks for consumers.
- Encourages family, natural supports, and peer interactions for consumers.
- Accesses individual consumer charts containing Person Centered Plan, medical information, MAR, and historical information to support and follow the person centered plan, behavior plans, nutritional requirements and doctor orders.
- Completes daily documentation including but not limited to:
- Updated progress made with ADLs
- Progress towards goals
- Tracking of physical health
- Incident reporting
- Appointment sheets (doctor, dentist appointment records)
- Accident reports and fire drill reports
- Familiar with and uses Sweetser Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Communicates and interacts effectively and respectfully with administrators, peers, caseworkers, family members, guardians, natural supports, and the public.
- Maintains professional boundaries with consumers, guardians, and staff.
High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Maintain a valid state driver's license.
***We train: DSP, CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, CRMA***
Apply on company website