DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $18.50 - $25.90 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career with AirLife and submit your application today!
We are seeking an AirLife Communications Specialist for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA/HealthONE AirLife, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The AirLife Communications Specialist helps assess, plan, and coordinate the patient transport process according to established policies and procedures, state regulations, FAA requirements, and EMS protocols. The Communication Specialist is also responsible for assimilating various forms of information and activating the appropriate medical team and mode of transport based on patient condition, physician request, and/or EMS activation.
As a Communication Specialist you can expect that:
- Your role is responsible for ensuring the safety of patients, medical personnel, and other transport programs through proficiency with dispatch protocols, EOC, MCI, aircraft incident planning, disaster plans, Hazmat, the use of vehicle tracking, and deconfliction.
- You will have detailed time management skills, excellent public relations skills, and the ability to adapt their approach with each changing request and emergent condition.
- Your role receives and coordinates incoming requests for emergency and routine air and ground transport services
- You will display working knowledge of complex logistics through detailed planning, execution, movement, stationing of personnel, equipment, vehicles, and other resources to achieve AirLife objectives
- You will deconflict with other air agencies and coordinates logistics to reduce flight risks and patient arrival delays
- Your role displays ability to interpret weather systems, read METARs/TAFs, and relay information to/from the Operational Control Center, pilots, medical crews, and requesting/receiving agencies/facilities
- You will maintain communication with medical crews through phone calls, radio transmissions, and Nextels
- Your role provides necessary communication assistance, in cooperation with other agencies including: ambulances, law enforcement, fire departments, rescue groups, and between hospitals and aircraft, in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required
- Minimum one year of dispatch experience (preferably Emergency Medical Dispatch)
- Must have a functional understanding of local EMS structure, protocol, and procedures
- Knowledge of FAA Part 135 requirements preferred
- Ability to operate a variety of communications equipment including telephone, radios, and recording equipment
- Current EMT certification is preferred
- Certified Flight Communicator certification is preferred
- International Association of Medical Transport Communication Specialists (IAMTCS, formerly known as NAACS) Certified Flight Communicator certification is required within one year of hire
HCA/HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 11,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, our facilities work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. Beyond the new facilities and the workforce offerings, we also provided $7.7 million to local organizations to fund a variety of programs; and, as one of the top ten corporate philanthropists in the metro area, we at HealthONE contributed more than $1.5 million to charitable organizations in 2018 through cash and in-kind donations.
- Centennial Hospital: 20 licensed beds
- The Medical Center of Aurora: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma Center, 346 licensed beds
- North Suburban Medical Center: Level III Trauma Center, 157 licensed beds
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children: Level II Trauma Center, 680 licensed beds
- Rose Medical Center: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma, 422 licensed beds
- Sky Ridge Medical Center: Level II Trauma, 274 licensed beds
- Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma, 408 licensed beds
- Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital: 78 licensed beds
- Behavioral Health and Wellness Center at the Medical Center of Aurora: 120 licensed beds
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website