California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)Department of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program and Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) has an exceptional opportunity fora board-certified internal medicine physician to serve as a clinical educator for the ambulatory teaching program located at CPMC. The successful candidate will serve as faculty member and clinician atthe CPMC Internal Medicine residency programambulatory clinic. Our practice is the site of primary care continuity clinic for all 42 categorical CPMC residents. Our new faculty member will be instrumental in helping us to expand our intern clinic experience as we transition to a block scheduling system, to expand the intern clinic experience, and to build an innovative ambulatory curriculum, including focus areas such as mental health and social determinants of health, addiction medicine, home visits, and womens health.
The combined resident-faculty practice serves a panel of patients representing the diverse population of San Francisco. The ambulatory care clinic uses the EPIC electronic medical record with a team-based model of care including medical assistants, patient service representatives, triage nurse and part-time social worker. Educational innovation and a collaborative work environment are a high priority.
- Supervise and mentor internal medicine residents during their ambulatory clinical assignments.
- Provide longitudinal medical care for a diverse panel of patients.
- Provide formal and informal teaching sessions, clinical supervision, and mentorship of residents.
- Develop innovative intern ambulatory curriculum as detailed above.
- MD from an accredited medical school and internal medicine residency program.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in teaching and primary care, experience in quality improvement, evidence-based medicine and womens health.
- Maintains a valid, unrestricted medical license to practice in California.
- ABIM board certification in Internal Medicine and participation in MOC.
- Chief Residents, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Clinical Instructors, Clinical Faculty.
Sutter West Bay Medical Group
We are a multispecialty physician-owned medical group with 180+ physicians in over 25+ specialties in practices located throughout San Francisco.
SWBMG is affiliated with Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, a not-for-profit health care organization providing operational and administrative support, including the latest technology, allowing physicians to focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
- Competitive Salary.
- Generous benefits and retirement package.
- CME allowance for professional development including an opportunity for a clinical faculty appointment at UCSF.
- Relocation allowance available for moves greater than 50 miles.
* It is the policy of the Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. We promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities through a positive continuing program within our service area. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of SWBMGs employment policies and practices.
San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. San Francisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the world and is renowned for its temperate weather, steep rolling hills, unique architecture, arts and culture, and fine dining. The population is very diverse and there is high demand for primary care.
Apply on company website