Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG)is seeking a full time Breast Surgeonto join a growing multi-disciplinary surgical team.
Location:San Francisco, California
The ideal candidate will have some general surgical experience prior to fellowship, as well as some administrative experience, and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The chosen candidate will join a very busy surgical practice, which includes 2 other breast surgeons, 2 PAs, and an NP. They will also be part of a multidisciplinary breast cancer treatment team providing personalized, coordinated patient care alongside medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastics/reconstructive surgeons (offering oncoplastic reductions, autologous tissue flap reconstruction, and implant reconstruction), breast radiologists, pathologists, genetic counselors, and nurse navigators. The candidate should also have experience treating benign breast conditions.
- Board Certified in General Surgery.
- Completion of a Society of Surgical Oncology approved Breast Oncology Fellowship or Society of Surgical Oncology approved Surgical Oncology Fellowship or ACGME approved Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellowship is preferred. Experience in multidisciplinary breast cancer care/delivery is essential.
- Chosen candidate should possess an active California Medical License or be eligible for application.
Clinical Practice Outline:
- No ER call except for your own patients and the occasional lactational breast abscess.
- Adult Hospitalists are available 24/7.
- All outpatient offices have an integrated EMR system (EPIC) with our hospitals.
- Competitive compensation with income guarantee
- Full benefit package
- Relocation allowance
- Robust retirement program
- CME reimbursement
Sutter West Bay Medical Group
Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) is a multi-specialty medical group made up of over 160 physicians practicing in the greater San Francisco service area.
SWBMG works in partnership with Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF), a non-profit organization providing care through its affiliation with SWBMG. Physicians work as a team to provide patient-focused care that encourages a sense of teamwork. SPMF provides physicians with an administrative infrastructure, allowing physicians to focus on patient care.
* It is the policy of the Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. We promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities through a positive continuing program within our service area. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of SWBMGs employment policies and practices.
San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. San Francisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the world and is renowned for its temperate weather, steep rolling hills, unique architecture, arts and culture, and fine dining. The population is very diverse and there is high demand for primary care.
Apply on company website